Thursday, 19 March 2015

MAC Cinderella Palette ~ 5 minute eye-make up


As a lover of cheaper make up (and a lover of not having an overdraft), my amount of high-end make up is very limited. However, I did invest in the MAC Cinderella Eyeshadow palette as a treat for myself for finishing some significant coursework. I had never tried MAC eyeshadows before but I really wanted to, and the price of the palette was a good deal compared to buying individual eyeshadows. I LOVE this palette. I am so glad I bought it. The six shades are so wearable for both day and night looks, and are definitely all shades I would have picked myself.
So here is a really quick easy look using the palette to create a really simple day look. I wore this with quite a sheer foundation, a pink cheek and bare lips, but I think it would look amazing with a bit of winged liner and a deep berry lip for the evening.



So here's the look. Really really simple, and heres how I achieved it-

1. Apply a mix of Vapour and Floof all over the lid (the two lightest shades) to create a really shimmery base. (I had also prepped my eyelids with Maybelline Fit Me Concealer)
2.Buff 'Quarry' into the create with a fluffy brush. This is a really really beautiful browny purple shade, and I think it is my favourite colour in the whole palette. It's such a nice colour to create a soft look without using just brown-y colours which is a good change.
3. I was going to use 'Satin Taupe' for the outer V of my eyelid but I didn't want it to be so deep so I actually switched it up for an Avon eyeshadow which is similar but a little lighter and purpler. I just applied this to the outer edge of my eyelid
4. I added a thin line of dark shadow along my lashline and pencil eyeliner to my tightline to deepen it up, and added two coats of Maybelline the Falsies mascara.
5. Add a little bit of Vapour to the browbone for a subtle highlight and  there  you have it :)



This is Phloof, Omega and the Avon Eyeshadow which has no name because its so old- the back of the compact says 'true colour healthy glow' if you were wondering! Any darker browny shimmery shade will work as this is a daytime look.

So yeah! I just wanted to share how easy it is to create an easy daytime look with this palette. It's so wearable and the powders are so blendable. I find these eyeshadows easier to use than my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette because there is no fall- out which always makes things quicker. :)



Hope you enjoyed this, thanks for reading!
Lou x