Thursday, 30 April 2015

Latest in Beauty - Clinique & British Beauty Blogger Edit



Ooh- look at this box of goodies. (spot the rest of the fragrance sample!)
If you've been keeping on top of the beauty box world recently (which is hard, there are so many), you'll know that the British Beauty Blogger (Jane Cunningham) has curated this Latest in Beauty Box in collaboration with Clinique.
I'm currently on a skincare hunt to try to sort out my skin, which has gone CRAZY, and who knows why. Anyway, this seemed like a bargain for £18, and includes four skincare samples, two full size (!) make up products and a tiny sample of the Happy Fragrance.


The two moisturisers included are the Dramatically Different + and Moisture Surge. Having reactive, acne- prone skin, I like to read reviews and ingredients lists before I put anything on my face. I did a bit of googling on these both, and the Dramatically Different moisturiser has a fair few negative reviews, and seems generally not to be very popular. Furthermore (ooh, fancy), it has mineral oil in, which, according to Caroline Hirons- who I trust with my face- is a no-no for acne-prone skin. So, I think I'm probably going to give this to a friend or a sister because I do not want to risk it. The Moisture Surge moisturiser looks really exciting, however. The reviews look good, the ingredients look mineral oil-less, so I'm saving that one for Summer when I need a bit of extra nourishing.


The word 'soap' with 'face' just scares me a little bit, so I'm a bit apprehensive about using the Liquid Facial Soap, but we'll see when I give it a go. The Make- Up Remover looks promising, even if it is in a weird medicine- like push down bottle thing. Good description. Definitely keeping these for travelling, so handy!


The make- up products are a High Impact Mascara and a Chubby Stick in Plumping up Pink. I've never tried either of these before- I have plenty of the Revlon lip pens which I love a lot, so I'm excited to try the original. I did wack a bit on, but I have no make- up on today so I just looked really weird. I will reserve judgement to another day. It's a fresh, mid pink and a lot more sheer than I expected, but I like that, especially in the summer time. The mascara will remain a mystery until I have finished the other four I have on the go at the moment.


Clinique Happy just reminds me of that bit in the film Juno, but that's probably just me. It smells citrus-y and fresh, but I'm not totally in love yet.


Overall, I think beauty boxes like this are a great way of trying out a brand, and a really budget- friendly way to stock up on some sample sizes for holidays!
I did get this on the first day it came out, and I have since seen it has been out of stock, but keep your eyes peeled if you're after it because it might be restocked!
Thanks for reading!
Lou x