Friday, 8 May 2015

5 Summer Essentials




I've been planning for my holiday for months now, and one of the most exciting things about going on holiday- for me, because I'm sad- is packing my make-up and beauty supplies. Very sad.
Here are five things which have been on my list since the very beginning, and will eventually come away with me.


1. Fairly crappy sunglasses. I would -obviously- rather spend money on skincare and make- up, and of course, on the holiday itself. So, I am not inclined to spend money on my sunglasses, the main reason being because I can break anything practically just by looking at it, meaning that pricey sunglasses just aren't a practical idea for me. Secondly, I'd rather have a selection of choices than just one pair. Primark is the place to be for sunglasses, This pair of classic sunglasses were a single pound, and they also come in black. Amazing. I have a couple more pairs which also cost between one or two pounds, but these are definitely my most- worn. Bargain!


2. Something cheeky. (D'ya see what I did there?) Summer is definitely the time for intense highlight, sparkle, shimmer, and peachy shades. All of those things come together in this Make Up Revolution Baked Highlighter in Peachy Pink Kisses. Obviously, this is dupe for the Too Faced blushes, but I have to say the quality of this is absolutely top notch.


It is intensely high-shine, so definitely not one for those who don't like a healthy helping of shimmer. However, the glitter is very fine , so you won't end up with chunks all over your face, which is always good. I use this as a blusher, with the peachier side, or as an intense highlight, OR both, with a tan and some bronzer. Loverly. These are £5 each.


3. Something Easy on the Eyes. (I am so full of puns today its insane. Punsational.)
Intense blending and layering of eyeshadow is something I don't have time for on holiday, and I tend to lean towards more cream- formulated eyeshadow. These two shadow sticks are fabulously long-wearing and pigmented. they can be worn allover the lid, as a smudged- out eyeliner, or even together to create a burnt-peach smokey eye.
The top shade is from Bourjois and its one of their Colourband  2-in-1 Pencil and Liner in the shade Rose Fauviste which is a kind of peach/gold colour. It's an amazing formula which sets pretty much as it hits your eyelids, so you have minimal blending time, but it sticks to your lids all day. The brown shade is from Collection and its their Eyeshadow Pencil in Hot Chocolate. Same idea as the other one, great staying power and handy application, and the colour is a beautiful bronzey- brown, perfect for an easy- smokey summer eye.



3. SPF for your face. Very very important for holidays. I like to use this Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturise with SPF 30 to keep my skin safe and well- moisturised. Nothing much to say about this one apart from that its my perfect summer moisturiser- nourishing but not too heavy.



5. Finally, a mini- selection of bright nail varnishes is an essential for any holiday. I love a mint green in the summer ,especially if I look a little bit tanned. Lilac is my favourite nail colour for all- year round, so this Barry M Paint in Blueberry Icecream is a must- have. A red nail will never get old, but for the Summer, a more orangey- red looks great with tanned skin. If you already have darker skin, bright polish will already look fabulous on you all year round -lucky!

Thank you so much for reading!
Follow the blog on bloglovin' to keep up-to-date
Lou x