Thursday, 4 June 2015

Travel Skincare | Morocco


Travelling with only hand luggage is a struggle, and I was forced to summarise my normal skin routine for this four day trip to Morocco. I was unable to take my Serozinc from La Roche Posay because it's too big, and that's definitely the product I miss the most, and my face mask was confiscated at baggage check in Bristol Airport. So this is my selection of skincare, comprising of a few minis which I've been able to test out during my break.
(I'd like to apologise for the state of my photos- I forgot to bring my SD card converter so I'm relying on my phone camera for the minute)
So, in order of the day-
DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
This came from a one-off beauty box months ago, and I've been saving it because of it's handy size. I'm definitely more of a cleansing balm-rather-than-oil girl, so I wouldn't say this is my favourite cleanser of all time. It's definitely more oil-y than the Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil if you know what I mean; it doesn't quite lather up and melt off my make- up like that one does. Not a huge disappointment, but not great.
Clinique Take the Day off make-up Remover
Again- what a handy travel size. This was the biggest surprise of the whole lot. It's a heck more oily than I thought it would be, I expected a more water-y consistency, but it's a definite oil-based remover. It gets make-up off pretty well, but when used all over the face to remove base products, it leaves a kind-of film on the skin which needs to be cleansed with another round of the DHC stuff. I'm not sure about this one, I'll definitely be sticking to Micellar water when I get back home.
La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo +
My tried and true skin saviour. This and the Serozinc I swear are responsible for keeping my skin under control. It fades my pigmentation/ scars from spots around my chin and jawline, and prevents new ones from popping up. I use it day and night after cleansing, and maybe dotted on any blemishes I can feel arising to keep them at bay. I love this stuff.
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturiser SPF 30
I wanted to bring a really nice facial moisturiser with a high SPF, and after doing my research, I purchased this beauty. It was definitely worth my money, and is definitely a new summer favourite. It's quite a thick consistency, but I like that as I have dehydrated skin and I like to slather on the moisture wherever possible. Definitely keeps sunburn at bay, and sits nicely under make- up. Love it.
The Body Shop Vitamin E Lip Balm SPF 15
Pretty much just your basic lip balm, quite a thick consistency so it stays nicely on the lips. It has a strange matte-like finish to it, rather than the gloss of most lip balms, and works well under lipstick. I would have preferred to find a balm with a higher SPF, but I hadn't managed to before I came on holiday- but this is definitely a good one.
Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avacado
Again, another tried and true. Really moisturising and rich, I recommend this to anyone as it has everything I could want from a night- time eye cream.
Clinique Moisture Surge 
I brought this along as my night moisturiser, and I've been really pleasantly surprised with it. The cream has a really light texture, but it is definitely a 'surge' of moisture. Definitely enough for my dehydrated skin, even after a day in the sun, and sinks into the skin really quickly after application.

Hope you enjoyed this little run-down of my travel skincare for a short break in Morocco, thanks for reading!
Lou x