Monday, 13 July 2015

New Kids on the Block | Eyeliner and Mascara Review



I'm pretty fussy with mascara and eyeliner- eyeliner especially- and I find it hard to try new ones and like them. However, this Maybelline Falsies Volum Express Flared Mascara (long enough name?) has really impressed me recently, and I can see myself repurchasing it fo sho.
Black liquid eyeliner is a product I haven't switched up since the very beginning of my make-up journey. I've been using the Collection Liquid Liner for literally years, too scared to try anything different... until now. This L'Oreal Super Liner is the Bomb.Com I have to say. A super skinny nib, excellent staying power which definitely rivals my beloved Collection version, and very easy to apply. The only con to this product is the thickness of the liquid itself. It isn't quite as black as my Collection one, and needs a little layering to make it super intense. But, the precision you get with the super fine felt nib makes up for the slightly thinner consistency.





I didn't actually curl my lashes this morning when using the mascara, because I've been wearing make up quite regularly and I thought I'd give my lashes a break. Admittedly, it made building the product up a little harder, but I'm amazed with the results- this is probably 3/4 coats and it's not clumpy.
I've been wearing both for over a week now and I haven't noticed smudging or flaking as yet, so a big thumbs up for the wear-time.
Definitely two products I would recommend!
Thanks for reading
Lou x