Sunday, 13 December 2015

Sunday Chat | Top 5 foods

Hi there!
How's it going?
Welcome to any newcomers, and welcome back to any familiar eyes landing on this page today.


This Sunday chat is going to be a little  different, because it's all about FOOD (& drink), and all the things I am loving putting in my mouth (ooer) at the moment. Without further a go, let's get going-


1. Salted popcorn with anything chocolate-y.
I found out about this whilst watching one of Lily Pebbles videos over on youtube - I think it was a vlog - and she mentioned that her cinema snack of choice is a mixture of salted popcorn and Minstrels. I had a think about it and decided it sounded blimmin' marvellous, so I gave it a go, and it's ah-mazing. So far I've tried it with minstrels, giant buttons and currently I'm sitting here munching on popcorn and peanut M&Ms. So wrong yet so right on so many levels.


2. Sweet Potatoes
Holy jesus, I love sweet potatoes. And, for all you worker bees out there, they make truly fantastic desk- lunches for the office. No offensive smell, minimal warm up time, and good with practically anything - or nothing - on top. I tend to do a mass sweet potato bake- off, say on a Monday night, cook around 4, and then have them  the following two days at work. Word of warning- don't try to go any more than two days, they go a bit minging, I think two is the tops.


3. Flavoured sparkling water.
Where has this been my whole life? Whilst browsing my local Tesco corner shop looking for squash, I noticed that sparkling water is 4 for £1.50 which I thought was a perfectly cracking deal, so I did it, and I've never looked back. Squash is a thing of the past.


4. The green houmous.
Regular houmous bores me a little, so I've done a fair bit of experimenting with the other offerings - again at Tesco - at my local store, and have discovered a true love for their broad bean, asparagus and mint dip, it is truly delightful.


5. Rivita.
What the bloody hell was I doing before Rivita was in my life? I'll tell you what, just nothing. Rivita is just genius, I have mine at work with soup, with an avocado, with the green deep, with peanut butter.  Whatever there is, you can bet your monkey's uncle it will be smashing with your rivita.




Well, I feel like that got a little out of hand but there we are. Food is amazing, I love food.




Thanks for reading, come back soon :)


Lou