Sunday, 25 October 2015

Sunday Chat | My face powder story


I have never been a huge face powder fan; I've had far too many horrific cake-face incidents as a teen to make me trust the stuff. But recently, especially since working in a hot office, I have realised that my skin can get a tad, erm, oily.
I love a bit of dewy-ness regardless of season, but what I mean by oily is a world away from a healthy glow, so, I started hunting for a powder.
One of my friends almost convinced me to buy one of the Hourglass powders over the summer. But, after wearing it for a few hours, I found that I wasn't as impressed as I had hoped to be for forty quid, so I gave that a pass.
For a while, I dabbled in Rimmel Stay Matte - a classic - which I found, repeatedly, was just way, way too heavy on my skin. I also have experience with the Soup&Glory One Heck of a Blot which is fairly good, but still quite matte.
It wasn't until I watched some random KatheleenLights video recently and she mentioned the Maybelline Fit Me, that I scooped this beauty out of my collection and started to use it again.
I don't know why I ever stopped using this powder, but I definitely owned it for around a year during Uni, and my compact was fairly busted, but this is hands-down the best powder I have used to date.
It isn't matte, it  definitely doesn't have sheen, it just looks how you want it to look - like your face.


If you're hunting for a new powder I would absolutely recommend giving this one a go- especially if you're on a budget. I haven't had enough experience dabbling with higher end powders, but when I do, I'll be sure to report back!

Thanks for reading :)
Lou xxx