Monday, 31 August 2015

5 Beauty Things I'm Bad At | Sunday Chat

Soo, obviously I like beauty products. I love make-up and I love skincare, but unfortunately there are other parts of beauty I just can't get excited about, or I just never find time to do. Here is my top five:

1.Styling my hair.
I never ever have time to style my hair. Firstly, I don't know how to. I have two or three "styles" that I can do, but mostly I will leave it down or pull the top half into a bun or a clip. Ya know, standard. I envy those people who manage to straighten or curl, or even just make their hair look good on an everyday basis. How are you people doing this. Sorry guys, I was busy doing my fifteen- step skin care routine, don't mind my crazy bedhead. 

2.Painting my toe nails.
Now I'm not even joking, I have one nail varnish which is my genuine, designated toe colour. And I will never rotate or change that colour. It's a dark red in case youre wondering. And I will never touch up, refresh, or generally sort out my toe colour until I absolutely have to. So most of the time it's a chipped mess and it makes me sad whenever I look at my feet.

3. Fake tanning.
This is something which I really really want to be good at, but I just generally find that I can't really be bothered. It's the smell. And the getting naked, walking around, getting cold, waiting for it to stop being sticky bit. Just inconvenient. 

4. Cutting my sugar intake.
I am the first to moan when my skin is bad, which is all the time really. But I am also the first to eat a cupcake if there is one presented to me. I have the worst, most addictive sweet tooth ever and I love chocolate like a third parent and a first child. And I think even if my skin got astronomically horrible, I would still find it heartbreaking to go a day without a Peanut Butter KitKat. Because. Life.

5.Dying my hair.
Because of a terrifying incident when I was 16 when I got hairdye on my face and ended up in A&E (who am I), I have an irrational fear of dying my hair, even though it has since happened several times and I have been totally fine. I especially fear dying my hair whilst being unsupervised. Luckily, my friend did it for me about a year ago, and I've basically been rocking the grown-out-blonde look since then. Thank fuck that look is sort of okay at the moment, or I'd just look like a mess. I need to sort my shit out and either do it myself or get someone to do it for me.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed!
Lou x