Sunday, 16 August 2015

My Current Beauty Lust List | Sunday Chat

So... let's be real here. I just finished Uni, and although I do have a real job, I haven't made it to my first pay cheque yet. On top of that, I don't actually have a home yet, so I'm basically not meant to be spending any money at all until I sort my adult life out. (Send help).
To take my mind of all the beautiful make-up goodness which I am dying to get my hands on, I thought I would list it here. Hopefully it will help and I will stop staring at swatches and crying over my (empty) bank account.

1. Zoeva Cocoa Blends Palette
I know this isn't an extravagant purchase at around £15, but I can't justify buying it. It's full of fairly standard bronzes, browns and general neutral goodness, so I really have no need of it.But I still want it really really much. The other problem is that it's probably best to purchase from Beauty Bay, which means I will need to buy another couple of items to qualify for quicker/ free-er delivery options. So what starts of as £15 ends up at £40, and there you see my problem.

2.All of the Charlotte Tilbury
Holy mother. I had not seen much Charlotte Tilbury stuff in the flesh until recently when I ventured into the Selfridge's beauty hall for the first time in my life (I know, what have I been doing?!). But oh my god, I wish I hadn't. I need the eyeshadow quads. And the lipsticks. And the Bronze&Glow. All the powders, creams, masks, everything. It needs to be mine.

3.Tarte Tartlette Palette
Dear god I'm having a real eyeshadow lust moment. I really need this one though, because I lack in the matte department, and this palette really has it all. And it's purple which is my absolute favourite colour of life. So basically, it's perfection.

4. Jo Malone English Pear and Freesia Cologne
(See number 2. to set the scene- e.g, Selfridge's). Basically, I smelt them all, and this one was just amazing. I've really been lusting after a daytime perfume which makes it through the day, and I'm pretty sure this is the one. Fresh, floral, a little sweet but nothing sickly, I want it, I need it. Why is it £85? Holy smokes.

5. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter, Champagne Pop
Maybe if everyone and their mothers (and fathers, sisters and brothers) stopped talking about this, I wouldn't want it so much. But they don't, so I do. It's meant to be the highlight of all highlights, and it does look ridiculously amazing. After recently swatching Opal and Moonstone in real life, I think I finally understand the magic of Becca, and being a huge Jaclyn Hill fan, I really do see the magic of Champagne Pop. The sad thing is, I can pretty much be sure that it will never, ever be mine. Sob.

So, I don't know if I feel any better, or if I just feel a bit depressed. Basically I just need to win the lottery.

Thanks for reading!
Lou x