Sunday, 2 August 2015

5 Things I do when my skin goes mental | Sunday Chat

Yesterday morning, I was feeling smug. Smug about how great my skin had been for over a week.
Today, I felt annoyed. I could feel it coming on last night; the tiny patch of pain that tells you the inevitable... a spot is coming. 
This evening, I have four. For some reason, when my skin gets bad, it gets really bad, and I pretty much just have to ride out the storm and wait for it to settle down again. But, there are a few things I do whenever it gets to bad, to try to make myself feel a little better about my face.

1. Fake tan. Not just on my face, everywhere. I feel like when I have giant red blemishes on my face, if I'm a little tanned, it makes them stand out less against my skin. Am I crazy? I might be crazy. But yay for Clarins Glow Booster: you are life.

2. Masks. My mask of the moment is the Body Shop Seaweed Clay Mask, which is pretty heavy duty stuff. It is quite drying, but I do feel it really helps to heal the blemishes I already have, and smooth out my skin elsewhere. Lav it.

3. Stay away from pink lipstick. This is something I swear by. If you have pink dots on your face which you don't want people to see, don't wack a pink lippie on and expect it not to draw attention to them. I try to lean towards browner nudes or more orange tones to draw attention away from the blemishes.

4. Ditto above, but blushes.

5. Take make up off whenever possible. If I have crappy skin, as soon as I get home I want to wash my face. Spots just heal faster if you aren't constantly re-covering them with concealer and poking them around to try to make them disappear. Make-up off, tea tree toner on (thanks Lush), and hopefully it'll sort itself out soon enough.


So yeah! As a side note, I have to say that I have applied straight up tea tree oil onto blemishes, but I find that I just got a huge rash... maybe I am allergic. I prefer using Effaclar Duo from La Roche Posay as an on-the-spot treatment.

Thanks for reading!
Lou x