Tuesday, 5 May 2015

Let's Talk about Oils



Fundamentally, the thought of putting oil anywhere on the body seems...strange. Especially as a girl with a fear of oil on my T-Zone, the idea of slapping on some oil was something I used to be horrified of. BUT, it's definitely a case of don't -knock - it-til-you- try- it,and I've actually come to love oils in all aspects of my beauty routine. Here are three suggestions to introduce you into the world of oils.


1. Oil for your hair. This is a good one to start with if you are nervous about trying oils for the first time, and it's the place on your body where oil feels the most natural. DON'T put hair oil anywhere near your scalp, unless you want to immediately grease your head up. I like this Garnier Ultimate Blends Oil because it adds shine as well as moisture to the tips of my hair,  but there are loads of alternatives on the highstreet.  I apply it after I've washed my hair while its still damp. Since I've started using oil on my hair I've noticed that the lengths and tips have looked and felt a lot more nourished with the extra layer of moisture.


2. Oil for your body. This Moringa Beautifying Oil is fantastic for hitting dry patches with some intense moisture. I love using this on my legs after shaving, as it really calms the dryness left over by the razor. This oil can also be used for hair, so is a good all-in-one product which I will definitely be taking away with me on holiday. (It also says it's ok for faces but I'm sticking to hair and body...don't want to rock the boat)


3. Oil for your face. The idea of wanting to put oil on your face is probably the most intense step in embracing oil into your beauty routine. This Vitamin E Serum-in-oil from the Body Shop is an excellent place to start. It feels like a silky oil on the skin, and I use it for night use instead of a moisturiser. As I have combination skin, I don't like to layer a moisturiser on top of this as I feel like it is too much for my skin to load another layer over this moisture-bomb. I love this, if you are nervous, have a feel of the texture in a Body Shop store and see how it feels. It leaves your skin feeling super smooth, and I feel like it helps to heal my scarring as well. Amazing.

Thanks for reading!
Follow my blog on bloglovin' to keep up-to-date

Lou x