Sunday, 14 June 2015

GOSH Forever Eye shadow stick | Quick Review



I had an eyeshadow stick moment in Superdrug the other day, and ended up buying four. I've only been able to try one of them so far, so here is a quick review of the GOSH cosmetics Eyeshadow stick in 02 Beige.
As a swatch, it looks like a total dream... I don't know about "beige": it looks more like liquid gold to me.


When applying, it went on very smoothly and blended perfectly. However, as the day went on, I realised that it started looking... odd.

I don't know if any of my pictures show it properly, but it dried down after a couple of hours to a really weird texture and looked almost dry and patchy- you can almost see in the picture below, it's settled into a crease on my eyelid, which NEVER happens to me. Ever.
I don't know if this was because I have quite dry skin in general, and so maybe my eyelids are pretty dry, who knows.


So I'm not super impressed with this stick so far, which is a shame because it was pricey as highstreet make up goes, I think they were £6 each. I'm gonna give it another go, maybe on top of a base like a Maybelline Colour Tattoo, to see if it performs any differently.
 One of the other sticks I bought was a darker colour in the same range from GOSH, so I'll try and review that soon to compare the two.

Hope this is useful, thanks for reading!
Lou x