Sunday, 26 April 2015

Four Budget Blushes




So, I'm having a bit of a blusher moment. I think its the warmer weather, I just want to have beautifully flushed cheeks All.The.Time.
These are four really good budget options if you are after a new blusher for Spring and Summer,  all with amazing lasting power and an even application.



From left to right-
Make Up Revolution Vivid Blush Lacquer in Rush. -This is an interesting liquid/cream blush formula which comes out really pigmented and beautiful. Now, there is definitely potential for clown-face here. You have to use a VERY light hand, you literally need the smallest smidgen dotted on the apples of your cheeks, and then go ahead with a blending brush- or your fingers- and blend it. And, let me tell you, this blends out like a dream. If you've gone a little overboard you can sort it out with a quick swipe from your foundation brush/sponge to merge it all together. Lovely. Really nice natural colour which lasts all day long.

Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Blusher in Onamatopeacha. - First of all, I have a lot of love for the name. Second of all, I have a lot of love for this product. The handy stick formula makes this really quick and easy, and unlike the make up revolution blush lacquer, this goes on quite sheer and is one you build up rather than blend out. Obviously, you would blend this one out too... but you know what I mean. Despite the swatch, it is really subtle on the skin, with the smallest hint of sheen but no glitter. Lovely for a natural peachy cheek and perfect for summer.

Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in Lavish Mauve.- This is a colour which I would normally steer well clear of, as I would assume it would be too dark for my fair skin. But, used with a light hand, this is a beautiful bronzer-blush-highlight hybrid. It adds a bit of depth, a bit of a pink flush, and has a lovely shimmer running through it which really brightens up the cheeks. Amazing.

Sleek Blush in Pixie Pink. - This is a lovely blue-based pink which is no way near as scary as it looks in the pan, believe me. The colour is actually very sheer and buildable, which I absolutely prefer to scary unblendable pigmentation. Such an easy colour to wear, and definitely a go-to for a matte pink blush. 

Hope you enjoyed these recommendations,
Thanks for reading!
Lou x